Greetings from Michigan Realtors®! View the top 5 news and resources for the month of June:
1. NAR Call to Action: Tell Congress to Expand FHA Condo Financing – Support H.R. 3700!
Last month, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 3700, the “Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act”, by a remarkable unanimous vote of 427-0. This important, widely supported legislation will expand housing opportunities for first-time homebuyers and low-income rental housing residents, ease restrictions on existing homeowners and landlords, streamline rural housing programs, and save taxpayers money.
While H.R. 3700 passed the U.S. House unanimously, it has failed to come up for a vote in the U.S. Senate. This legislation provides significant benefits to taxpayers, homebuyers and the real estate market by:
- Removing a burdensome and expensive FHA Condo approval process
- Reducing FHA restrictions on the number of condos available to homebuyers
- Permanently streamlining Rural Housing Service loan processing
In addition to the above relief, H.R. 3700 contains a number of provisions that will ease restrictions on the purchase of condominiums. Today, less than 10% of condominiums nationwide are eligible for purchase with FHA mortgage insurance. This leaves first-time homebuyers, urban dwellers, and seniors wanting to downsize without access to what is often the most affordable homeownership option. H.R. 3700 makes common sense adjustments to these burdensome restrictions, will expand housing opportunities, and will protect taxpayers.
While H.R. 3700 passed the U.S. House 427-0 with NO OBJECTIONS, it has failed to come up for a vote in the U.S. Senate.
Take Action now, and urge your U.S. Senator to Pass H.R. 3700, and send this important legislation to the President!
2. The Convention – Online Registration Now Open
October 5-7, 2016
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
Mt. Pleasant, MI
Tagline: Engagement Counts
The Convention is the largest gathering of Michigan Realtors® in the state of Michigan. This fall, engage in your industry by attending CE Marketplace certified knowledge sessions, networking events, the trade expo and much more.
Visit the web site to view schedule and register online.
Get event updates on The Convention Facebook Events Page.
3. Receive up to $2,000 in College Scholarships – Applications Due July 1st
Do you know an eligible student? The Michigan Realtors® Scholarship Trust fund provides scholarships to full-time undergraduate and graduate students who are taking classes that will lead them to a real estate career. Applications are due by July 1, 2016.
Learn Requirements and Apply
4. 2017 District Director Elections – Nominations Open Until July 22
There are six districts holding elections this year for district director: 1, 4, 6, 9, 11 and 14. If you are interested in running, nominations will be held open until July 22, 2016.
5. Upcoming Webinar: Getting Started with RPR
Join us for a webinar on July 21, 2016 at 2:00 PM EDT.
When considering adoption of a new business tool, new and seasoned Realtors® unanimously want to know “what will it do for me and how will it help my business?” Realtors Property Resource® (RPR®) is designed exclusively for that purpose: to help Realtors® achieve professional success by providing them with an unparalleled platform of dynamic data and persuasive reports that help attract, retain and lead clients to the closing table.
Ready to get started? Attend this class to learn how to:
- Set up your account and profile
- Navigate the site to your advantage
- Research properties, markets, neighborhoods, and schools
- Create branded property, seller’s, and market activity reports, valuation workbooks and flyers
- Tap into RPR’s App for instant, on-the-go access
Remember RPR is a Realtor®-member benefit and access to RPR is included in NAR membership.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.