Volume 6, Issue 1: January 4, 2013
Delaware Exceeds Its Goal! A big "THANK YOU" to all of our members who participated in NAR's "Do No Harm to Real Estate" Call to Action last month, we were one of 18 states that exceeded our participation goal!
DNREC/DELDOT Announce Public Hearing Schedules for Executive Order 36! The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control and the Delaware Department of Transportation have announced their schedules for public hearings as part of Governor Markell's Executive Order 36. Executive Order 36 puts all agency regulations that have been implemented for over 3 1/2 years up for review. Public hearings will be held in all 3 counties during the month of January as follows:
DNREC Hearing Schedule:
- Monday, Jan.7, 2013, 6 p.m. at the Sussex Central High School auditorium, 26026 Patriots Way, Georgetown, DE 19947.
- Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, 6 p.m., at the Delaware State University Bank of America Building, Longwood Auditorium, 1200 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901.
- Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, 6 p.m., at the Carvel State Office Building, 2d Floor Auditorium / Mezzanine Level, 820 N. French Street, Wilmington, DE 19803.
DELDOT Hearing Schedule:
- Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Sussex Central High School, located at 26026 Patriot's Way, Georgetown, DE 19947.
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Delaware State University, located in the Bank of America Building, Longwood Auditorium, 1200 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901.
- Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at the Carvel State Office Building, located at the Carvel Building, 2nd Floor Auditorium, 820 N. French St., Wilmington, DE 19801.
Learn more about Executive Order 36 HERE.
GRAB THE APP! Keep up on all of the latest from the Delaware Association of REALTORS® with our new mobile APP!
Connect with DAR: Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Check out our website! Download our APP!
Federal News In Case You Missed It:
NAR Issue Brief: Real Estate Provisions in the "Fiscal Cliff" Bill: HR 8, the "Fiscal Cliff" Bill, passed both the House and the Senate on January 1, 2012. Here are a few of the Real Estate Provisions contained in the bill:
- Mortgage Cancellation Relief is extended for one year to January 1, 2014.
- Deduction for Mortgage Insurance Premiums for filers making below $110,000 is extended through 2013 and made retroactive to cover 2012.
- Leasehold Improvements: 15 year straight-line cost recovery for qualified leasehold improvements on commercial properties is extended through 2013 and made retroactive to cover 2012.
- Energy Efficiency Tax Credit: The 10% tax credit (up to $500) for homeowners for energy improvements to existing homes is extended through 2013 and made retroactive to cover 2012.
You can check out all of the Real Estate Provisions contained in the bill, including provisions dealing with Estate and Capital Gains taxes by clicking HERE.
From REALTOR.com: Get the app with the most accurate home listings for your Android, iPhone or iPad by clicking HERE.